NETOP, Portland, OR (6/2014 – 10/2015)
Business Development Director – Education
• Established new relationships to promote sales of Netop classroom management software solutions including SaaS and cloud offerings.
o Led the business development strategy and priorities for the Americas.
o Led a shift from a largely direct business to embracing the channel.
Created a new dealer program to incent dealer partners to train their sales staff on Netop products and market and sell Netop to their customers.
Changed internal sales and marketing process to better support channel partners.
Recruited and managed wholesale distributors and dealers focused on the education market in the US, Canada, and Latin America including Synnex, Douglas Stewart, SHI, CDW-G, Logisoft, JourneyEd, and many more.
Trained all dealer sales reps in person or via webinar.
Partnered with dealer sales reps to target potential school customers and jointly close sales working directly with the end user.
o Worked with Microsoft, Apple, and Google to co-develop and co-market software solutions.
o Established relationships with complementary ISV’s and content providers to enhance interoperability and co-market solutions.
o Established relationships with education hardware vendors to bundle Netop software with their solutions.
o Partnered with education technology consultants, education social media influencers, and education technology organizations to promote Netop products.
INFOCUS CORPORATION, Portland, OR (1994-2014)
Director, Worldwide Sales Operations (3/2013 – 5/2014)
• Developed new sales channels for entrance into new product categories.
• Developed and implemented a new online business strategy including multiple channels and the company store.
• Managed inside sales, field sales staff, and manufacturer rep firms including directing territory coverage for the Western U.S.
• Filled in as acting Director of Sales for Europe (4 months)
• Worldwide forecasting, production planning, and inventory management.
• Worldwide multi-channel pricing and deal approval.
• Led new product introduction process including product selection, pricing, profitability, positioning, and market plan.
• Led company initiative to improve efficiency by driving automation across the company.
Regional Sales Manager, West and National Sales Manager, Education (7/2009 – 2/2013)
• Managed all dealer and end user relationships of commercial business in the Western United States by establishing and maintaining relationships with C-Level management down.
o Large End Users including Intel, Genentech, Microsoft, Synopsys, Boeing, University of Washington, and Portland Public Schools.
o Large national IT integrators including EnPointe Technologies and Technology Integration Group.
o Regional Integrators and Managed Service Providers including CMIT Solutions, Team Logic IT, 3GC Group, Tele Express Business Systems, and Connecting Point.
o Professional Audio Visual Integrators including Projectus, Compview, CCS, AVI-SPL, and The Whitlock Group.
o Direct Market Resellers including Zones, PC Mall, and Softchoice.
o Web include Amazon, Costco.com, Walmart.com, Buy.com, NewEgg, and Overstock.
• Managed and directed activities of inside sales, field sales, and training staff, and manufacturer rep firms within region.
• National lead for K-12 education programs.
• Consistent top performer: Only sales person to achieve over 100% of quota in both 2009 and 2010 (1 of 3 in 2009, 1 of 2 in 2010). #1 quota achievement in 2011. #1 combined quota and focus product achievement in 2012.
National Sales Manager, Consumer & Education (1/2007 – 7/2009)
• Defined, executed, and led the sales, marketing, and product strategy for U.S. and Canada custom installation and K-12/Higher Education market.
• Created national dealer programs.
• Managed inside and field sales staff through territory and account planning process.
• Responsible for Profit and Loss of business segment including forecasting and pricing.
• Continued direct customer management responsibilities from Sr. BDM position below.
Sr. Business Development Manager, Consumer (1/2005 – 12/2006)
• Managed regional wholesale distribution of high end consumer electronics, large specialty retail, and 1000 dealers in the Western and Southeastern U.S.
• Acquired and developed new regional specialty retail customers and independent custom integrators.
• Created sales and installation tools to simplify selling and installing InFocus products for dealers.
• Designed and implemented customer marketing plans.
• Continued responsibility from Consumer BDM position below.
Business Development Manager, OEM and Consumer (1/2002 – 12/2004)
• Member of “tiger team” to develop consumer sales and marketing strategy for entrance into new market.
• Within 3 years the brand gained #1 market share position.
• Grew wholesale distributor business an average of 53% each year for the first 3 years.
• Grew dealer representation from zero to over 300 dealers.
• Trained dealer and distributor staff on how to use, install, and sell InFocus products.
• Managed entire relationship with both domestic and international (Toshiba) customers for whom InFocus made product.
• Led internal teams of project management, product management, and engineering to bring new products to market.
• Led internal teams, contract manufacturer, and customer engineers to gain product approval and launch.
• Led internal engineering teams and worked directly with component suppliers to resolve customer technical issues.
• Negotiated pricing, sales and service contracts.
• Forecasted internal production plans for 15 unique products to accommodate for changing customer forecasts while maximizing customer upside opportunities and limiting excess inventory and unique inventory exposure.
• 2003 President’s Club award winner. 2004 quota achievement award winner.
Channel Development Manager, Commercial (7/2000 – 12/2001)
• Managed PC Connection and Microwarehouse, 2 wholesale distributors, and top 100 PC dealers in Western US.
• $36M annual revenue quota with a $500,000 marketing budget.
• Held #1 market share position within every account.
Jr. Business Development Manager, Commercial (7/1998 – 6/2000)
• Managed large IT integrators like EnPointe, Compucom, and Vanstar to promote InFocus to their customers.
• Set InFocus as the technology standard with large end user customers like Mass Mutual, International Paper, and IBM.
• Managed $300,000 marketing budget.
• Grew account revenue from $5.5 million in 1998 to $13 million in 2000.
Jr. Territory Account Manager, N. California (7/1997-6/1998)
Customer Account Representative, Inside Sales (1/1996-6/1997)
Accounts Receivable and Reporting Specialist (10/1994-12/1995)
NORDSTROM, Portland, OR & Santa Clara, CA (1989-1994)
B.S. Commerce (Business), Major: Finance 1994
Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA
Effective Sales Management, Santa Clara University, Executive Development Center 2006