CHANNEL CONSULTANT, Rocky Mountains 01/14- PRESENT
• Consultant in IT Industry with expert focus in channel program, sales, and marketing strategy to develop partner engagement and growth. Assist companies in entering indirect sales and develop go-to-market strategy for sales and market growth. Develop distribution strategies for new product and emerging technologies.
• Specialties include:
• Strategic Marketing Planning
• Price Analysis and Planning
• Go market strategy and development
• Program Development and
• Implementation Partner engagement
• In-depth knowledge of the selling process for account management
PRIVATE COMPANY, East Coast
VICE PRESIDENT, CHANNEL SALES & MARKETING (2008 – 2013)
• Vice President charged with directing channel strategies, channel programs, and managing a team of partner managers for Company business products, which included managing a large partner relationship team. Responsible for overall channel strategy, program development and execution, sales and account management for all partners selling Company business products.
• Sales management, forecasting, budgeting and overall partner relationship management.
• Developed strategic planning and owned the execution including business analytics and industry benchmarking for channel programs for the U.S. and Latin America.
• Demonstrated success in coaching, training, and motivating teams as well as developing and managing a team to manage pipelines that met and exceeded sales goals
• Managed marketing and sales of reseller partners and solution providers. Set strategic channel direction for $1B AV and mobility manufacturer, including strategies in distribution and partner program management. Responsible for overall sales strategy, budgeting, marketing, and account relationships.
• Heavy interaction with sales, marketing, channel partners and field sales to understand their needs in program development and ongoing management.
• Developed and managed Partner registration programs, demo programs and partner events
• Even with various mergers of product groups, maintained VAR Business 5-Star Gold Level Partner program.
• Grew Company Mobility Products to top position in Channel Market Share – Mobility, maintaining the top three positions 2007-2010.
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF CHANNEL SALES (2000 – 2008)
• Managed sales through distribution and Direct Response and VAR channels. Oversaw sales strategy, budgeting, marketing, and account relationships, channel partner development and channel programs.
• Developed deep understanding of indirect sales channel models and Alliance, SI, SP Channel Partners.
• Grew sales in channel management from $100M to $700M by 2008.
• Managed 14 person team of channel sales and marketing account management.
• Developed and grew Product channel to #2 notebook in distribution in 13 month cumulative results.
• Grew to Top 3 mobility vendors in distribution, 15% measured as incremental through channel with $6M marketing budget.
• Grew reseller base from 500 resellers to over 1800 selling Products by developing and managing solid channel programs and partner support.
• Created and developed Partner Sales Manager position, designed to increase sales of existing partner base through increased awareness and mindshare. Increased sales average of 25% for named accounts.
Previous positions include Channel Manager for Company and Director of Programs & Promotions, Inside Sales Representative & Manager, Product Manager, Vendor Marketing Manager, and Vendor Product Manager for Company, Inc.