This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to propel North America channel marketing in JDSU (soon to be Viavi Solutions) to the next level!
You will build effective, collaborative relationships with Viavi channel managers, marketing professionals and assigned channel partners to plan, manage, implement and improve cooperative marketing activities that support achievement of sales objectives and motivate channel partner personnel.
In this role, you will be expected to:
– Build relationships with marketing staff in assigned channel partners so that you understand their marketing and business needs, competencies and capabilities and apply your insights to achieve business results
– Proactively develop cooperative marketing strategy and plan customized to support channel sales objectives with each assigned partner. Leverage and drive Viavi marketing campaigns to and through partner.
– Work with Viavi staff and channel partners to implement the tactics specified by your plan on time and within budget
– Specify updates and improvements to Viavi brand and product content on partner websites and other media; work with partner staff to implement
– Creatively demonstrate how your marketing plan supports the business so that you motivate partners and earn their mindshare
– Manage an assigned budget
– Track / report metrics that illuminate results from your activities and provide insights for continuous improvement
– Prioritize and address occasional unplanned requests from channel managers and partners
– Apply your experiences to teach, lead and influence Viavi marketing staff to expand organizational understanding of channel partner characteristics and marketing needs
– Develop yourself to take on larger marketing projects with greater scope and impact
Role is based in North America with flexibility on the exact location.
You will report to the Regional & Channel Marketing Manager.
• 8+ years experience in marketing and/or sales (preferred emphasis on marketing).
• Strong track record developing and executing tactical marketing plans that generate awareness, preference and measureable demand for highly technical products used by engineers, scientists or technicians.
• Proficiency matching marketing activities to the needs of technical and non-technical sales professionals
• Experience with electronic test and measurement concepts or products
• Experience with the telecommunication industry
• Ability to constructively lead, influence and persuade in an agile matrix organization with multiple internal stakeholders
Skills and Attributes necessary for success in the role:
• Experience conducting cooperative marketing activities with channel partners; solid understanding of the partner ecosystem
• Solid understanding of competitive marketing fundamentals and a proven ability to pragmatically apply that knowledge to generate business results
• Ability to create 3- to 12-month marketing plans: manage expectations, budget, implementation, report results and capture insights for on-going improvement.
• Excellent communication skills applied to marketing professionals (peers and managers) inside your company and in channel partners and to customers
• Good judgment while managing business relationships with channel partner marketing staff
• Self-starter with abilities to work independently
• Strong team player able to support colleagues and work constructively in agile teams
Click here to apply directly: http://www.jdsu.com/About-JDSU/Careers/search-jobs/Pages/search-jobs-apply.aspx#.VVte-6aFeRS